The Post office recruitment for the post of Postal and Sorting Assistant will held under Combined Higher secondary Level Examination. The Post LDC, JSA and DEO are also available in this recruitment. It is good scope for you to get your best job. Some details related to this vacancy is given here for your information.
Post of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant Pay Scale :- Pay Level 4 (Rs.25500 – 81100).
As per today, DA position is 17%. The first salary of the above post is Rs.33981/-. It is the first salary of the new employee.
There is no any fix salary payment for three or five years. There is only two years probation period. It is golden time for the unemployed person. You can get all benefits of the central government from the first day of your service.
It is very different recruitment from any state government. There is so many changes in rule from them. Here they will keep transparency in the recruitment. It is most reliable recruitment.
Hard work will never lost. Here the exam paper will be tough but the hard worker can get success easily.
Post office is working in two types of offices. In this, General clerks working in the town, city and village post offices are known as Postal Assistant. They have to work all type of post office work. Postal assistant can get his MACP after ten years of his regular service. Here MACP is his first financial promotion. They have only day time duty.
This post is same as Postal Assistant but this post is available in only Railway Mail Service offices. They have to work only mail related work. The post office mail is conveying through Railway. So, there is a office of postal department which is called Railway Mail Office. They have also counter for booking of mails of the customer. They have day and night duty. Financial promotion for him is as per Postal Assistant
Promotion and other chances through departmental exam
The Postal and Sorting Assistant get financial promotion (MACP). MACP is after 10 years of regular service. The employee can get maximum three MACP in his whole service.
- Accountant exam after three years of regular service.
- Inspector of Posts exam after eight years of regular service.
- LSG cadre exam after five years of regular service.
- You can get more departmental exam after crossing above three exams.
- You can become class-I officer through this post.
The vacancy will be published by the Staff Selection Commission in their website https://ssc.nic.in . You will see the vacancy position on this website Candidate Corner /Tentative vacancy.
Reservation and disability of the candidates
The reservation is available as per the extant government orders. The following categories come under the reservation rules.
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- Ex-serviceman (ESM)
- Person with Disabilities (PwD)
There are special seats for above categories.
Permissible Disabilities for PwD candidates
The following disabilities are permissible for post office recruitment as per departmental rule.
- One Leg Affected (OL)
- One Arm Affected (OA)
- Both Legs affected but no arms (BL)
- One Arm and one Leg Affected (OAL)
- Acid Attack Victims
- Blind (B)
- Lower vision (LV)
- Hard of Hearing (HH)
- specific learning disability
- Other mentioned in notification
- Multiple disabilities from among disabilities mentioned above
There are special seats for above persons.
Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate must be
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over India, before the 01.01.1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person migrated from the countries (mentioned in notification) with the intention of permanently settling in India. It is must to have the origin of the person is India.
- In above all situation the Indian Government has issued the certificate of eligibility.
Age limit and relaxation
Age limit is 18-27 years as on 01.01.2021. Candidate born not before 02.01.1994 and not later than 01.01.2003 are eligible for apply.
Permissible relaxation in upper age limit is in the notification attached herewith.
Candidate must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
There are so many recruitment on the base of 12th standard but this is the most payable recruitment in Central Government.
How to apply
Submission of application must in only Online mode at the official SSC website https://ssc.nic.in . The detail information of online application is in Annexure-III and Annexure-IV.
- Scanned color passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB)
- Photograph should not be old of three months from the date of notification.
- Clear printing of date is necessary on the photograph when it is taken.
- Dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- It should be without cap, spectacles and both ears visible.
Last date of submission of online application is 15.12.2020.
- Fee is Rs.100/- (One hundred only)
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwD, ESM are exempted from payment of fee.
- Online payment of fee is available through BHIM, UPI, Net banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI branches by generating SBI challan.
- Online payment last date 17.12.2020 (23:30 hours).
- Cash payment last date 21.12.2020 (within working hours of the branch). SBI will accept the challan which is generated before 19.12.2020 (23:30 hours).
Center of examinations
Center of Gujarat is as under. The detail of centers of other states in notification.
- Ahmedabad (7001)
- Anand (7011)
- Gandhinagar (7012)
- Mehsana (7013)
- Rajkot (7006)
- Surat (7007)
- Vadodara (7002)
The candidate has to give option of three centers in order of priority of the same region.
scheme of examination
The examination will consist of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and skill Test / Typing Test (Tier-III).
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
- The four parts of the subjects in this exam.
- Each part has 25 questions and each question of two marks.
- Total part is for 50 marks. The total marks of this exam is 200 of 100 questions.
- The time duration of this exam is 60 minutes. The 80 minutes time for scribe.
- The parts of the exam are as under.
- English Language (Basic knowledge)
- General Intelligence
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- This examination is in multiple choice questions format. The questions will be in both Hindi and English languages.
- There is negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Descriptive paper (Tier-II)
- There is paper of 100 marks in “Pen and Paper” mode. The duration of the paper is one hour. The twenty minutes more for scribe.
- The minimum qualifying marks is 33 per cent.
- The paper is in Hindi and English language.
- Skill Test / Typing Test (Tier-III)
- Typing test is for Postal and Sorting Assistant.
- Skill Test is for Data Entry Operator.
- The typing test is available in both Hindi and Gujarati language.
- English medium should have typing speed 35 words per minute.
- Hindi medium should have typing speed 30 words per minute.
- Typing test is on computer and accuracy required.
Admission to the examination
- Call letter is available in website before 5 to 7 days of the examination.
- The candidate should take with him following documents.
- The print out of admission certificate
- Tow recent passport size color photographs
- Original valid Photo ID having date of birth as mentioned in admission certificate.
- You have not to take with you any type of calculating machine.
Here we have provide you at glance detail of the recruitment in at a glance. It will help to you in applying for examination. For more detail you have to read the notification of Combined Higher Secondary level Examination notification. The PDF format of the notification is as under.
Information of Post office
Department of Posts comes under Central Government. Post office is very famous department. The service of this department is up to village also. After mobile phones, the importance of the mail is decrease. About 30 to 40 years ago, post office is very essential service for the people.
Here people got many types of services as under.
- The postal Saving scheme for more detail click here POSB
- PLI / RPLI scheme for more detail click here PLI
- AEPS transaction for more detail click here AEPS
- Atal Pension Yojana please click here APY
- Telegram service was most essential service of this department. It is now not in use. But at that time all the work of mobile is done through Telegram.
- Post office is known through the name of the postman. The postman is famous employee of the department. He is in touch with the public. All people known to him. He deliver the feeling of the people. People were wait very curiosity at old era.
- Postcard is very cheapest communication of the postal department. You could deliver of your message all over India in only Rs.0.25/-. Now it’s cost is Rs.0.50/-.
- You can send money through money order service. The commission of the department is only 5 per cent.
- IMTS service for receiving money from foreign countries.
- You can track your ordinary post through Nanyatha. You can get detail information by clicking on Nanyatha.
- My stamp is beautiful service. You can make your own photo postage stamp. It is new idea of department for gifting anyone.
- IPPB is the biggest bank of India is from Postal department.
More details and conclusion
Here, we have provide you some information about Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination information. This Post office recruitment detail is really help to you. If any query write to us.